Friday, February 4, 2011

WCC - Week 17

Admiration
The days grow noticeably longer with every week that passes. Our mornings, on a cloudless day, are no longer started in darkness. We see the sunrise as we prepare for our days. I noticed myself and others take a moment to appreciate the beauty of these new mornings. The same also goes for the end of the day for the transition from afternoon to evening. I find myself describing many moments as poetically as I can. It brings my mind into the moment. It makes things more enjoyable. Try it.

So many plants! Truck 1 of 2!
Our days at South Pautzke are numbered! We've grown weary of the atmosphere of the site. Highway 18 drones in the distance while dump trucks and their trailers blaze by in a never ending cycle. I always have an uncomfortable feeling the dump truck might veer off the road with how fast they go and when it hits the occasional pot hole on the road. Once in a while a freight train will lazily pass us by. (I personally enjoy that!) The occasional helicopter or airplane will also fly by. L O U D. Loud.

Trucks... for days...
The site has filled up with plants quickly. There are pockets of shrubs beginning to become established. There are a few lingering pockets of low densities that we're going to fill in. Many plants are placed in regards to the amount of sunshine that will be available throughout the day. We had designated species for the shade , for the sunny areas , and a few for the areas in between.

Grow big and tall my friend. =)
Overall the planting has been fairly easy with the exception of a few rocky areas. This also marks the largest amount of planting that we've done on the black fabric and it does hinder our planting slightly. Dull box cutters are very frustrating and I always find my shovel getting caught in the fabric. It would have been nice to get the whole entire site set up with plants but the issue of plant theft always looms at any site. Especially with one directly on a very busy and accessible road.

Paparazzi
With February 1st being Michelle's Birthday we made a stop by Dairy Queen for a Blizzard. Happy Birthday Michelle! Oh yeah, earlier in the day I downed a whole energy drink... Sets up the next part! I found myself ordering a large Reese's Blizzard. After about 1/4 of the way down I could feel the sugar rushing through my body. I kept eating and I knew my sugar crash would be pretty hard. 3/4 down, each bite brought me higher and made the imminent crash seem harder. Luckily I was able to work off a lot of that sugar at the shop. What a stimulating day that was!

 The last two days just flew by. As hard as I am trying to recollect any specific details, I 'm just drawing a blur. As always... I will let my photos to do the talking!

Pautzke Panoramas!






Getting a new roof!
Hey!
Caterpillar!
Tired of my sunset shots yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment